About the Register
The Register of Property Professionals is a vital part of our Property Advice Service and enables us to help charities and voluntary groups save time and money by matching them with reputable property professionals who can provide specialist advice, and discounts on their services.
Members of the Register are experienced property professionals who wish to use their skills to assist charities. Membership of the Register is open to a broad range of property professionals including surveyors, solicitors, agents, architects, facilities managers, access consultants, environmental consultants, relocation specialists and tradespersons.
Membership is on an individual rather than a company basis and all members undergo a selection process to ensure they meet set criteria. There is no annual subscription fee. You can read more about our due diligence requirements and ethical standards on the How to join the Register
What are the benefits of membership?
Members join the Register for a variety of reasons including:
- opportunity to ‘give something back’
- a chance to get involved in interesting projects
- as part of their company’s Corporate Social Responsibility or volunteering programme
- to network with similar-minded professionals.
What kind of work might I undertake as a Register member?
As a Register member there are many ways in which you can work with the Foundation’s charity clients. Recent examples of work undertaken by members include:
- giving advice on negotiating or renewing a lease
- helping an organisation develop its property strategy
- providing advice on minimising costs from dilapidations
- helping an organisation re-plan their workspace
- advising a community group on their legal status as tenants
- providing advice on buying or disposing of property
- speaking at our property training events
- writing text for our online Property Advice Resources.
Professionals interested in becoming members of the Foundation’s Register of Property Professionals should in the first instance contact Gordon Ludlow for an initial discussion firstname.lastname@example.org